WixTrac saves time, money and lives of Tradies
Skilled tradespeople are a vital part of Australia's economy.
For tradespeople, it is important to have accurate and up-to-date financial records. This allows them to manage their finances effectively. This is key for small businesses, because every penny counts. Small errors in account keeping can accumulate over time to significant financial losses. Needless to say, accurate accounts means you can submit your income and expenses correctly during tax season. Inaccuracy could mean overpaying on taxes or getting hit with penalties for underreporting. Accurate financial reports show the health of a business, and this is not only important for planning a business' future but also vital if the business ever needs to request for a bank loan.
Here's how WixTrac can help tradies especially electricians and plumbers.
Need for Tracking
Tradespeople include small or medium businesses with two or more people working under a brand. They manage the telemarketing and advertising themselves which they use to get jobs. These are then allocated to the people working under them. Many are provided with vehicles for work purposes which they take home at the end of the day. They do not usually report back to the office with the vehicles.
What this means is, for such business owners, it is important to be able to track movements and vehicle use accurately. What some do is to use tracking data in order to calculate salary payments. Business owners need to monitor how the vehicles are being utilised. This includes knowing whether the workers use the vehicles at the weekends, when they start from home and when they finish their day etc.
Challenges for tradespeople
- Some business owners have shared that they sometimes do not know the location of their vehicles and drivers. Without accurate data, they are not able to confirm if their workers are at the location where the work is to be carried out, and they are also not able to calculate their working hours for an accurate payment for the jobs.
- Drivers' fatigue is also a weak point for business owners. With proper tracking data, business owners can know if their workers are burning out on the road. They can then redistribute and delegate projects more evenly and keep drivers safe on the road.
- You would be surprised at how easily even something as big as a vehicle can 'go missing'. Business owners are frustrated when their fleet assets are moved around randomly, or even sublet, which is against what is stated in their contracts. With proper tracking systems, business owners can have peace of mind knowing where their fleet is and who is using it at any given moment.
- Machine breakdowns are inevitable, but their pain can be very much lessened if business owners know exactly which vehicle is in trouble and where it is located.
WIXTrac is on a mission to save businesses
WIXTrac helps businesses with tracking so they can be given the technological support and peace of mind to run their businesses smoothly. From efficient fleet management to accurate tracking of vehicles, WIXTrac has a solution that can complement your business and give it the boost it needs.
Effective fleet management
WIXTrac offers a fast, automatic route planning system which helps promote safer driving behaviours with automatic notifications and detailed analyses. This includes:
- Monitor fuel consumption with clear calibration tables, detailed graphical reports and instant notifications.
- Monitor drivers and their driving behaviour on the road. You can set parameters for violations and also get instant notifications. You can see any tendencies by analysing results for any period and make the necessary changes before they become recurring and difficult to eliminate.
- Our system allows you to separate the journeys into those for business or personal use. It allows you to easily and accurately claim reimbursements on business mileage, as well as detect private errands during shifts. Better accuracy leads to savings on tax returns and helps implement discipline through the business.
- Having a tracking system helps business owners keep vehicles in the best condition possible. You can create a detailed service job checklist to get timely notifications and reminders. At the end of the day, it helps you to prevent vehicle breakdowns and loss of time (and money).
- Our Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) is vital for keeping drivers safe. It can help anticipate and detect upcoming dangers, provide adequate warnings and avoid accidents and emergencies. What ADAS does is use its suite of sensors and cameras onboard to scan the driving landscape and analyse key vehicle parameters to provide warnings in case of danger.
- Sometimes one vehicle is shared among different users, so the Driver ID feature allows business owners to monitor who is driving what and when, and ensure drivers not only stick to their schedule but to also see if they are getting adequate rest time between assignments.
- Set fast, automatic route planning. The GPS platform checks out road restrictions and adapts to current traffic. This saves time and ensures the driver can arrive safely and on time.
Savings all around
With WIXTrac's systems, business owners can find a reliable support to save money, save time, save lives and maximise utilisation and drive efficiency.
Benefits of WIXTrac's systems
- Connect any GPS hardware - with Plug and Play M2M commands, you can use any GPS and IoT hardware of your choice. It is easy to set up and activate the hardware in a few seconds, and you can migrate across any number of devices, geofences and POI on WIXTrac.
- Track anything anywhere - Get accurate real-time positioning and 360° street view and updated traffic conditions. Track your vehicles with satellite accuracy, and monitor your mixed fleet any time from your mobile phone, laptop or tablet. See exactly where your vehicles are and what they are doing.
- Protect unauthorised use and theft - Shelter your fleet with a virtual fencing. Receive automatic notifications when your fleet leaves the perimeter. Respond faster and recover misused vehicles. If you have expensive equipment, you can know when, where and for how long these have been used.
- Guarantee appointment times - Improve your customer service with prompt service. Calculate exact timing and pricing of services based on accurate, comprehensive data of journeys.
- Transparent data in one place - Convert real-time data into clear statistics to boost productivity and get financial insights, all in one digital place. Use simple and powerful REST API to import and export data for advanced analysis and integrations.
- Ensure safety, save lives - Automatic routing allows drivers to avoid dangerous areas and change routes based on updated road conditions. Find alternative routes to enable a safe and fast journey. Get notifications on violations e.g. learn if drivers go over the speed limit, use harsh acceleration, braking or cornering. Spot needless idling and save on engine lifetime, fuel and reduce carbon emissions. An important feature is buzzing the driver's seat when it senses that driver are going into micro-sleep.
All you need in one place with WIXTrac
With WIXTrac systems, business owners get an efficient, simple, all-in-one solution for a small monthly fee from $8 (no contract) which includes our fleet management services such as real time video monitoring, with location updates frequently every 20 secs, attendance software indicating start and end times. Business owners can experience a different way of running their business.